Includes hose connection for 1" and 1 1/4"
Designed for both freshwater- and saltwater-cooled engines that have an engine-driven sea-water pump.
The QL Neutra-Salt Engine Flushing System is available for installation on all inboards and sterndrives. This system is designed for both freshwater-and saltwater-cooled engines that have an engine-driven sea-water pump. As a saltwater boater, you are continually challenged by the corrosive effects of salt -both inside and outside your engine - particularly when the boat is sitting unused in the water. Now, with the installation and use of the QL Neutra-Salt Engine Flushing System, you have an effective and simple solution to combat internal corrosion and help extend the life of your engine.
Benefits of our flushing system:
• Flushes your engine while the boat is in the water -there is no need to trailer your boat or hook up to a freshwater supply in order to flush and protect your engine.
• Helps protect your engine from saltwater damage.
• Helps prevent corrosion by removing salt deposits, leaving a protective corrosion inhibitor on all metal surfaces, including: Power-steering and oil cooler, engine block, exhaust manifold and risers, thermostat housing, circulating and raw-water pumps.
• Installs easily and operates smoothly.
Kit includes: 0.95 litre of QL Neutra-Salt motor flushing concentrate, 2.85 litre reservoir with mounting bracket, eight feet of hose, brass sea-water inlet tee fitting, connecting hose for power-steering cooler, hose clamps, rocker switch, "Flush" switch, wiring harness with fuses, and solenoid.
How our flushing system works:
1. To operate, simply engage the "Flush" switch by pushing and holding the dash-mounted switch for 45 seconds while running the engine at idle speed, making sure the engine has an adequate supply of sea water.
2. Once the Flush switch is engaged, the Neutra-Salt concentrate solution will be injected into the cooling system, leaving a corrosion-inhibiting coating on all metal surfaces, thereby neutralizing the salinity of incoming seawater.
3. Before disengaging the Flush switch, you must turn off the engine. For best results, use the QL Neutra-Salt Engine Flushing System after every trip outing. Boat owners will typically get 10 to 15 flushes before a refill is needed.
Our exclusive QL Neutra-Salt Concentrate offers many benefits: It flushes motors, dissolves salt and salt deposits, prevents rust and corrosion (includes a corrosion inhibitor which leaves a protective coating on all metal surfaces), extends the life of metal surfaces exposed to saltwater, and removes salt from engines, fishing equipment, scuba gear, boats, trailers, etc.
This product ships in 5 business days.
Add to Cart and enter your Postal Code to determine the shipping charges.
Most products and orders leave our warehouse in 1 business day. However, select items may take more processing time. Alaska and Hawaii orders please add 1 additional warehouse processing day.
Please be careful when ordering this product, it has limitations that differ from our General 30-day Return Policy. After all, we want you to be satisfied with your order so you'll return again and again as an iboats.com customer, and to also recommend us to your boating friends
See our complete return policy.
- Volvo Penta Store
An item(s) may be returned within the first 30 days after the item(s) is shipped to you. Merchandise must be in new, unused condition with all original packaging in good condition; plus parts, accessories, manuals, and/or warranty cards included. You will need to receive a return authorization number (RA #) as well as instructions from our Customer Service Department.
Volvo Penta parts carry a (1) year manufacturers warranty. Should the part you received fail after install, take a copy of the receipt to an authorized Volvo Penta dealer for a warranty evaluation. If determined that the part failed due to a defect the Volvo dealer will supply a replacement part to the consumer. If needed the Volvo dealer could assist in installation of the new part at his normal labor rate. If you need assistance finding the closest dealer number please contact our Customer Service Department.